Tenant-Based Rental Assistance

community development

Tenant-based rental assistance

Tenant-Based Rental Assistance

Housing and Community Development’s Tenant Based Rental Assistance Program provides several forms of housing rental assistance for Fulton County residents who are low‐ and moderate‐income households. The program’s primary purpose is to expand the supply of affordable housing through rental assistance, security and utility deposit assistance.

Each year, Fulton County, Georgia receives an allocation of HOME Investment Partnership funds (HOME) funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The Tenant‐Based Rental Assistance Program (TBRA) is funded through the HOME Program. As such, all activities must comply with applicable HOME regulations. The county's HOME‐funded Tenant Based Rental Assistance (TBRA) is designed to help citizens experiencing homelessness to obtain stable, safe, decent and affordable housing.

The TBRA program is part of the county’s strategy to provide housing and supportive services to low‐income members experiencing homeless. While the county inspects proposed housing units for compliance with Housing Quality Standards, the Housing Authority of Fulton County, Georgia administers most other aspects of the rental assistance program including: helping tenants enter into leases, paying deposits, and paying the eligible portion of monthly rent and utility costs (which will be reimbursed to the agency by the county). Additionally, the agency ensures the program participants pay their portion of the rent and utilities and comply with their housing service plan. Each agency will help program participants maintain suitable housing to improve the effects of their disabling condition and to prevent their homelessness.

Fulton County’s Department of Community Development TBRA Program is administered by the Housing Authority of Fulton County, GA.  For more information contact Iris Conner at Housing Authority of Fulton County, Georgia, 4273 Wendell Drive, Atlanta, GA 30336,
and 404-588-4950.